I am a huge dark chocolate fan and live by the belief that it’s good for the soul to have some chocolate every day – seriously. I also have a two year old son and care deeply about what we put in our bodies so quick recipes that are delicious and healthy matter most!
These “Quick, Give Me Some Chocolate” Coconut Fudgesicles are simply perfect – a strong coconut flavor with rich chocolate notes – and so quick to make.
Inspired by Detoxinista’s icecream recipe, I adjusted the recipe to include some of my favorite ingredients (chia seeds and avocado) to increase the antioxidants and omega-3’s.
Ingredients for 4-5 servings
- 1 14 oz. can coconut cream (full-fat coconut milk works too). I love Trader Joe’s brand, shown right, as it has no guar gum
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tablespoons cacao powder
- 1/4 cup raw honey (or maple syrup for vegans!)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 avocado
- Pour all ingredients into a high-power blender.
- Blend until smooth and mixed well.
- Pour into popsicle molds OR a bowl and freeze until hard.
- The first time I made this I skipped the popsicle molds and just put the contents in a plastic bowl and into the freezer. Both ways are brilliant.
- Pull the frozen ice cream out 15-20 minutes before serving as it freezes very hard.
Cheers to summer fun with lots of chocolate,
GH Team Member
Jami has worked at GH Sports since 2012, specializing in marketing and customer outreach. A former marathon runner and barre instructor, Jami now stays moving alongside her active toddler and husband, occasionally sneaking away to the gym or the pool for a swim. Her favorite things about GH is “that we manufacture our apparel on site in San Luis Obispo, California and that we genuinely care about helping our customers and our community.”