Category: Community

Customers Drive Our Design: The Creation of the Aqua Thermal

by Katie Ogden, GH Team Member & Cal Poly Graduate Our goal at GH Sports is to ensure our customers have the highest quality, most comfortable gear to succeed in their athletic endeavors and to live active lifestyles. That’s why we design our fitness apparel using customer feedback right from the start, putting it through… Read more »

Conquering Every Race: A Runner’s Experience At His First Triathlon

by Tobin Villalva, GH Team Member & Cal Poly Student My athletic career has mainly consisted of running, so when I was offered a free entry to compete in our local March Triathlon Series (MTS) I was a little hesitant to make the change from one sport to three in one race. For those out… Read more »

Hydrate, fuel, and replenish to stay FLUID!

When it comes to sustaining a workout, staying strong during an endurance race, and finding the best recovery drink, there’s no better option than Fluid. Fluid is a sports nutrition company that started as a research project at California Polytechnic State University San Luis Obispo and is now flourishing as one of the most well-known… Read more »

A Friend Who Inspires Us & Helped Launch The Original HIND Sport Tight – Colleen Cannon

The Founder of Women’s Quest, Colleen Cannon, is an inspirational former professional triathlete who worked with our founder Greg Hind to launch the original Sport Tight and to pioneer the first ever women’s athletic apparel line. Colleen is a dear friend of ours and was gracious enough to speak with our staff and share her… Read more »

SLO Color Blast Fun Run

“CHOOSE HAPPY” is a phrase I heard repeatedly at the SLO Color Blast Fun Run at San Luis Obispo High School on January 24, 2015. The day was full of smiles, laughter, and COLOR. The SLO Color Blast Fun Run is held in honor of Alex Maier (#23),  a former San Luis Obispo High School soccer… Read more »

2015 SLO Color Blast Fun Run (packet pickup at GH Sports)

Color runs are a relatively new kind of race but they have affected the running scene drastically. You can find all kinds of pictures from these races where everyone looks like they are having a blast. So, if your New Year’s resolution is to get out there to run a race and you live near… Read more »

Team in Training Info2Go Meet Up at GH Sports – January 24, 2015 | 10am – 12pm

GH Sports | Saturday, January 24 | 10a.m. and 12p.m. WHY SHOULD I STOP BY? Have you ever wanted to complete and endurance event but nervous about doing it on your own? Do you want to cure cancer? Are you ready to make your New Year’s Resolutions a Reality? WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT? When you… Read more »

GH Staff Adventures: Snowshoeing the Mt Whitney Trail

Snowshoeing the Mt Whitney Trail Experienced by and written by Kurt Sjobert, GH Sports Team Member. Every winter I try to break up my regular workout schedule and go do something that’s outside of my normal swimming, biking, and running routine; really anything to help me from getting burnt out throughout the year. This winter… Read more »

25th Anniversary Celebration

1989: Gregory William Hind was named the California and U.S. Region IX Small Business and Businessperson of the Year. It was 25 years ago, in 1989, that the U.S. Small Business Administration awarded our founder, leader, and mentor Gregory William Hind, the California and U.S. Region IX Small Business and Businessperson of the Year. Greg’s vision… Read more »

A Customer’s Story – L’shele Hamilton

L’shele Hamilton has began running once again! Fairhope, Alabama L’shele with her baby girl, Lola, who accompanies L’shele on some of her runs, especially the ones by the bay. “I currently live in Fairhope, Alabama and enjoy running, biking (especially spin class), walking and group fitness classes. My history with GH Sports begins back in the 90’s… Read more »