Category: Community

MTS: A Premier Triathlon with a Local Heartbeat

For 14 years, triathletes have been flocking to San Luis Obispo, CA to race one of the most beautiful and competitive triathlons in the state, the March Triathlon Series. It is not only a destination for one of the few Olympic distance races in California, but it also holds the prestige of being the West… Read more »

Meet the GH Team: Meg!

Megan Kearney Hometown: Ventura, CA College: California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo Major: Liberal Studies Expected Graduation Date: Spring 2018 Started working at GH: December 2016 Megan Kearney smiling big in the big California Bay Area! Q&A with Meg… Do you have a nickname? Most people call me Meg. Where did you grow up… Read more »

360 lbs of recycled shoes are good for the sole

Thanks to our generous customers and supportive community bringing their recycled (both gently and not-so-gently worn) walking/running shoes to our donation bin at GH Sports, our most recent shipment of shoes to PROJECT SOLE weighed in at… 360 lbs! Project Sole is a humanitarian organization that unites shoes and compassion to relieve suffering, care for… Read more »

The NEW GH Munich Sport Pant – 50th Anniversary Edition!

As a part of this year’s GH Sports 50th Anniversary Celebration, our design team sought out a thicker, softer fabric that more closely replicates the original fabric from the premier HIND Munich. The result? Our newest version of the GH Munich – the 50th Anniversary Edition for men & women The New Fabric This new… Read more »

Celebrating 50 Years of Innovation on October 1, 2016

50 years is worth celebrating, and you’re invited to do just that! Pop by GH Sports on Saturday, October 1, 2016 between 9am – 6pm for a 1-day only FLASH ANNIVERSARY SALE. Get a POPPIN’ 20%-70% OFF Everything in Store at GH Sports Walking, Running, Hiking Shoes (Saucony, Asics, New Balance, Brooks, Altra, etc) Run,… Read more »

Let’s TEAMup! for Water Polo // Team Suits by GH Sports

GH Sports has manufactured water polo suits for over 30 years with durability, longevity and comfort in mind. In addition to selling direct to individual water players, we provide water polo team suits to competitive high school water polo teams, nationally-ranked collegiate water polo teams, and master level water polo teams. “I am on the… Read more »

Doubting Yourself? Think again! Inspiration from The Superhumans of Rio Paralympics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IocLkk3aYlk

Weeks 3 and 4: The Calm Before the Storm & Mexico

Week 3 came and went without any great challenges.  I continued buying veggie burgers and choosing blenders over bacon. The fourth and final week of my plant-based journey took place in none other than Playa del Carmen, Mexico.  Needless to say, if my plant-based diet was going to be truly challenged, it would be on… Read more »

Week 2: A Meatlover’s Journey to a Plant-Based Diet

I was faced with two major challenges this week:  a family gathering and, of course, the fourth of July.  The food at the family gathering consisted of lasagna (with beef), turkey and ham sandwiches, and small shrimp. I founding myself hogging the veggie tray and potato salad, giving anyone the stink eye if they tried… Read more »

Week 1: A Meatlover’s Journey towards a Plant-Based Diet

After one week of giving up meat, amazingly, the world has kept turning, and I have been receiving more support than I could have ever imagined. The first day wasn’t so bad.  Broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, and hummus got me through most of the day.  But by the second day I knew I was going to… Read more »